Tuesday, June 27, 2017

i'm wrong (and it's awful) but i'm learning


the other day I got called out.
callllleeeeddd out.
errrrrrrrrgggggg

me, perfect little Elissa, the all time people-pleasing-kiss-up has a plank in my eye.
and I was called on it.

and as much as it stinks and I feel weird and defensive about it,
it humbles me in a very uncomfortable way.

soooo I'm learning to loose the log.
I'm learning to stop and evaluate why I think the way I do.

I'm learning humility,
the word Jesus has been impressing on my heart.

I'm learning to receive correction with grace.

so I was wrong.
and it is awful.
but I'm learning.
oh how I'm learning.

9 comments:

  1. I understand what you mean..It feels terrible to be called out for something, but it's often also a opportunity to change for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is such a good opportunity to change. <3

      Delete
  2. Hahaha I love this. But seriously, I think your attitude to being called out is v awesome and inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are way to sweet, thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Yes to this post. So much yes. It's painful but honestly does so much good in the long run. Proud of you (:

    xx
    steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so right! growing isn't always fun, but is always necessary.
      thanks love <3

      Delete
  4. Yes yes yes. You have such a good attitude. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this topic and am very excited.Thank you.

    gclub online
    goldenslot
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!